Each year the CSSA Board of Directors adopts a policy agenda.
- The annual policy agenda addresses public policy issues that are aligned with the core principles of CSSA and California public higher education: access, affordability and quality.
- The board publicizes its commitment to work on specific issues via the policy agenda and utilizes it as a rubric in addressing student concerns.
- The board works to foster collaboration with stakeholders including the CSU Trustees, faculty, staff, administrators and the state legislature through the policy agenda.
- Takes positions on higher education legislation at the state and federal level, prioritizing efforts based on potential impact on students and the CSU.
- Sponsors legislation, and has achieved significant student victories through legislation, mainly in the area of financial aid.